Monday, April 4, 2016

Best General Conference Everrrrrr

First, thank you Mom and Dad! You two are the best. There's a lot of stuff I need to work on in my own spiritual growth, but I have the foundation already thanks to everything you taught me as I was/have been growing up. Thank you :)

And seriously, General Conference was so good! We watched both morning sessions live at 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and the Priesthood and Saturday Afternoon sessions Sunday morning at Ecully chapel, but we haven't seen Sunday afternoon yet. That'll be studies for tomorrow morning, we're all excited! :)

One of my favorite moments from Conference was during President Uchtdorf's Sunday Morning address. He said, quoting a German author, "Es gibt nicht Gutes, außer man tut es." I know that because I was sitting right next to Elder Menzel, who is from Germany. He was very happy when Pres. Uchtdorf made his next comment about the German language :) anyway, the translation is, "There is no good unless you do it." I LOVED that! It's so profound. We can have the greatest of intentions, but if we don't act they come to naught.

I know God lives. I know He loves us. And I know these things because God shows it! He answers prayers, directs our paths, and always always always blesses those who try their best to do His will. Ponder on that saying this week and you'll understand better than I can put into words :)

I love you all! Watch for pictures in just a couple minutes...

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment