Monday, May 8, 2017

🌸 April flowers bring May showers 🌧

If I could describe this past week in a word, it would be "wet." For some reason, early to mid-April was kinda warm and plenty sunny all the time, but the past couple weeks have just been rain rain rain every day. Hopefully it'll clear up soon!

As for things you actually want to hear about, there's not a ton of news. We got to see our old less-active recent convert, she's pretty nuts but just as her as ever. We were supposed to see another less-active, but he got pretty sick so had to cancel.

Thursday was district meeting! That was fun, we talked about how and why to teach with the Spirit as well as about inviting amis to act. No action = no results!

On Friday morning we were supposed to be heading to Valence on exchange, but we barely missed our train. It was my fault! Once we printed out the tickets, I grabbed them and just ran but accidentally left Elder Masterson behind since he didn't know the gare as well as I do after six and a half months here. Too late I looked behind me and realized what had happened, but still assumed he wasn't far behind. I was in the train waiting for him, ready to hold the door if it tried to close, but after about ten seconds I started to really wonder, so I got off and jogged back into the gare to find my companion. To all you missionary trainers out there: don't run away from your trainee and assume they know where to go! I apologized and then we sat in the gare and did studies until the next train two and a half hours later. Once we got to Valence we met up with our district leader Elder Gaspar (hilarious/crazy Cape Verdean/Portuguese/Dutch) and Elder Vera (Chinese-speaking Argentine/Uruguayan/Canadian). They're quite the équipe. We had a fun time porting! Elder Vera and I met a kind Italian babysitter who might be interested! She mentioned that just that afternoon they'd had an American girl from Oregon of all places teaching the kids English! Small world, eh? That night we went to Valence Ward Council, it was almost entirely focused on being ready for the Paris temple dedication. I'm soooo eexcciitteedd

We also went to MacDo three times that day, but don't worry

The next morning I took about five wrong turns on the way to the gare to come back to Grenoble, so we missed that train as well. It was raining so I ended up being completely soaked, along with the paper sack carrying my clothes. It had basically disintegrated by the time we got close to the gare, so I just wrapped all my stuff in a towel and called it good.

On Sunday I got to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting! It was awesome, you really do get close to a ward when you stay for so long. That night we went to one of my favorite family's places for dinner, and they're pretty politically minded so, it being the night of the French presidential elections, they pulled up the news right as they were about the show the results! Congratulations to Emmanuel Macron, may he reign in righteousness all his days.

Today we went shopping. Voilà quoi.

A really cool thought was brought up in district meeting that I'd like to share with you!

Imagine that God only had 2 children: Jesus and you. You both come to earth and live your lives and, of course, He is perfect and you are not. You make a lot of mistakes as we mortals tend to do. Jesus Christ would still have atoned for all your sins and all your pains! He loves you that much! His love isn't just for God's family in general, but for each one of us individually. Think about that one for a bit :)

Love you all! See you soon!

Elder Jensen

江长老

No comments:

Post a Comment