Sunday, May 10, 2015

T minus une mois

One month. When I got my call I had 3 months and 3 days before I would report and even that didn't seem like very much. Now it really is right around the corner and some fun stuff has been going on!

First off, I love checking the Missionary Portal on the Church website because that's when it really hits home how close my report date is. That day when I took this screenshot feels like it was yesterday, which is to say forever ago depending on how you look at it.

Here are the four big white envelopes the Church sent me! Number one in the bottom left is my mission call envelope that kicked off the whole adventure. A week later came my travel packet, the top left, with all my visa papers including the envelope in which I was to send everything back (top right) along with my passport and some pictures. Finally there is the bottom right, direct from the current mission president, President Roney. That one came directly from LYON, FRANCE :D It contains a letter for me detailing how best to prepare for my mission as well as a letter for my parents, assuring them that they're making the right choice and that I'll be in good hands for the next two years (you won't find better hands than the Lord's, after all).

This is my setup for working on my visa. I procrastinated it of course, so it was a wee bit stressful making sure we got it sent off in time, but we did it! I had to get my visa pictures to a very specific size which meant getting out the old ruler and squinting at the millimeter marks. I also made sure I had Débussy playing to keep me going.

Here's me sealing up that visa packet before sending it off. I was almost paranoid that I'd messed something up, but I don't think I did. I guess the Church will let me know in a little bit if that's the case.


According to the mission blog, this is the mission logo. The little red banner says "love" and the words underneath are as follows:

OBEDIENCE, DILIGENCE, FAITH = MIRACLES
prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer

It's all true! I've heard this advice many times and I'll continue to share it because I know it works: "Pray as if it all depends on Him and work as if it all depends on you."

The Lord will bless us for faithful service and unwavering obedience to the things that we shouldn't do and to the things that we should do. I know that's true and I plan to be the best representative of Jesus the Christ that I can be.

Israël, ton Dieu t'appelle,
Elder Garrett Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment