Monday, July 13, 2015

哇很棒!

Dear everyone,

I'm ridiculously out of time, so I apologize in advance. But it's been a good week! We have a new investigator (who is yet another of our teachers) and it's been interesting to teach him because he has a Buddhist background, so comparing that with the doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is kind of fun. We got to watch President Packer's funeral live, it was really nice and I loved hearing stuff about him that I never knew. We went back and watched Elder Perry's funeral from lds.org yesterday, and hearing about both of their lives made me realize that in addition to studying the ancient apostles and their lives and teachings, I (more importantly) should also be studying the lives and teachings of modern day apostles. They really are inspired and called of God to perform His work. In both funeral services they talked about how these great men loved to teach, and they were good at it! Death isn't the end of their labors, and nor will it be the end of mine when my time comes. There is still so much left to do on the other side and they need all the help they can get, so while we're sad to lose such amazing people here I'm sure those in the Spirit World rejoiced to receive such wonderful missionaries into their midst who could continue to hasten the work just as they did in mortality.

A bunch of people are getting sick here, so last week I had three companions in four days as they all took turns getting sick or getting better (mostly). I sent a new friend from here off to Tonga yesterday, he and I were both excited for him to go and I know he'll be awesome! The rest of the missionaries going to France all got their flight plans on Friday, which makes me jealous but I'll have those myself in less than two weeks! Plus also I'll get to meet the new French group, while the current one leaves two days before that. I guess my birthday is coming up, but all I want is a deeper conviction of Christ and His Atonement, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and the reality of Heavenly Father's plan. Slowly but surely, it's coming :) In district meeting yesterday, I taught about the simplicity of the Gospel, which is one of the things I love most about it! I invite you all to read the Book of Mormon for the first/second/third/umpteenth time and pray to know that it's true, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Whether you've received that witness before or not, Heavenly Father will grant you those feelings and you will know that it's true. Remember, if you're selfish with and try to hold onto your testimony, it will slip away, but the more you give it out and share your conviction with others the more it will grow and the surer you can be that you'll never lose it. The Church is true and I love you all!

The Lord needs willing servants, so be one!

No comments:

Post a Comment