Monday, March 20, 2017

Um green I guess? Subject lines are hard

Sorry all I'm a little out of time! Busy doing important things you know...

To start things off, here's a conversation between two bros I overheard in the tram:

"Qu'est-ce que tu fais là?"
"Je prends le tram, et toi?"
"Moi, pareil."

That translates to:

"Hey, what are you doing here?"
"Taking the tram, you?"
"Same."

It was kinda funny.

Elder Jensen hipster quote of the day: Before I discovered Chinese New Year, St. Patrick's Day was my favorite holiday 🍀 I made sure to wear green on Friday, I hope you did too!

Besides that, we had a pretty good week. We saw Gregory, he's ben really busy with work as normal but he's doing well. Just trying to get him ready for the Paris temple! Him as well as all the other recent converts and less-actives and everyone else. The ward had a little activity after church where they made letters for every member in the ward (particularly focused on less-actives) with an invitation to the Paris temple, to make sure as many people as possible will be able to participate. It's coming up so fast! This Sunday was also the Giraud-Carriers last Sunday in Grenoble! They're going to be the temple president couple in Paris and they start service at the end of this week. Sad to see them go, they're amazing. Happy though, since it means a great work has bien progressed in this great land!

On Thursday we went with a bishopric member to bring the sacrament to that older Italian member who just had knee surgery, he's walking and stuff now so he's recovering well. He showed us his cane sword and revolver and we exchanged ties with him :)

This week I was reading in Jesus the Christ, a great (albeit heavy) book all about His life and teachings. I read about the Parable of the Talents, found in Matthew 25:14-30. In it, the author explains how it's a human tendency to point out faults in others that we ourselves actually possess (see verse 24). That's something I'd never thought about before, but I've noticed is actually true! I've noticed that when I have un-Christlike thoughts towards people or am tempted to criticize, it's a great opportunity to turn inward and look for that flaw in myself. More often than I'd like, I find it! Then I'm more prepared to be patient, long-suffering, full of love, etc. as well as just fix that flaw in myself.

Isn't Christ just the wisest person ever? (p.s. the answer is yes ;)

Love you all! Have a great week!

And don't forget to be charitable, you'll feel lots better :)

Elder Jensen
江长老

No comments:

Post a Comment