Monday, August 1, 2016

Love

I have a very great lack of time, so I'll be really brief today. You might be wondering what happened in terms of transfers, and the big news is that I'm staying in Concorde! My awesome French companion Elder Peron is off to Perpignan and I received Elder Praetor, a very musical guy from Minnesota. He played the piano part for Rhapsody in Blue, which I just can't imagine ever doing. He's been in the mission for 6 weeks, so he's still a blue :) We're going to have a great transfer together!

I want to talk a little bit about love. I can feel Heavenly Father's love for me in a lot of different ways, particularly through answers to my prayers. I've been praying consistently for some pretty specific blessings lately for people back home, and I keep getting emails telling me that those blessings are coming even when these people had no idea that's what I was praying for! It's such a testimony-builder to me every time I get to see so clearly the blessings of the Lord in my life and in the lives of others. The other way I feel our Father's love is through the love other people show me. As we just celebrated both my birthday and my old companion's birthday, we've been feeling a lot of love from other missionaries, from members, and from friends and family members back home. I just want to give a big shoutout to all you great people who are reading this and testify that our Father in Heaven is mindful of our situations and He loves you! He will take care of you even when you think He won't or hasn't. Keep the faith and one day you'll see.

"But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.

For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea,they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
(1 Nephi 21:14-16)

Love y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment