Monday, January 4, 2016

Bonne année, bonne santé! 新年快乐!

Heeeyyyy y'all. It's been a week, and I shall tell you some stuff about it.

First off, last Monday when doing emails we learned that on Saturday
we would be able to use the metros again AND we can stay out until
9:30 again! Hooray for us! So this weekend we had fun buzzing around
all over (under?) Lyon, even at night like grown-ups do :3

On Tuesday, Elder Bleak and I spent some time during companion study
coming up with a new survey to do with people since the Christmas
season is past and gone, and it's seemed to work so far :D we also
went to our awesome ami's house to share with him a scripture that I
felt kind of inspired to share, so we made a whole rendez-vous out of
it even though not a single one of us knew exactly why. Still, we
trust in the Lord and we know that He will guide us when we do our
best. He knows why we needed to share the scripture, He just needed us
to do it. So we did!

Wednesday I thiiiiiink was the day we had a rendez-vous with our
recent convert, but for some reason he wanted to do it standing up. It
was a little weird just standing around the table, but I was less
tired during it so no worries :)

Thursday: super awesome. Elder Bleak had planned a super fun district
meeting with games and a centerpiece of a blanket scarf (his Christmas
present to me) and gummy crocodiles hidden all over the church. It was
relevant I promise.

Friday we received our transfer calls! Elder Bleak and I really wanted
to stay here together, and WE ARE!! Réjouissez-vous! The sad news is
that Elder Brown, who was in our same apartment with Elder Tomlinson
and is super Christlike and spiritual and we love him, is currently on
a train to Talence, aka Bordeaux. We miss him already :( it's strange
to think that I'm starting 2016, the entirety of which will be spent
on my mission. I have a resolution to read the Book of Mormon once in
English, once in French, and once in Chinese this year. Off we go!

Church was amazing! Elder Bleak and I taught Gospel Principles class,
and we taught it in English! Everyone there was either Chinese,
Nigerian, a missionary, or the one French person there who had served
an English speaking mission. For a lot of them, French was about
their third language, so we figured English would be better and it
totally was. Super fun!

Today I met a super super awesome Chinese girl on a bus! We had a
decently long conversation all in Chinese that went really well,
thanks to all the PVL that Elder Bleak and I have been doing lately.
For the past three days, we've been speaking only in Chinese to each
other from when we wake up to 9:30 at night. If we don't know a word,
we replace it usually with the French one or sometimes the English,
but if we really have trouble explaining something then we explain in
French. Crazy goals for this transfer, but I think it'll work wonders!
Please encourage me in future letters to keep speaking Chinese as much
as possible, because it is difficult a lot of the time especially
right when we wake up... Also today we went with Elder Tomlinson
(since his collègue left), two new amis, and our Chinese member to an
amaaaazzzzing Thai restaurant :) wicked delicious yo, as my New
Englander companion would say.

Missions are hard, just so you know! However, they're super worth it.
Getting to know the people I've met and helping them create personal
relationships with their Heavenly Father who loves them more than they
can imagine is probably the noblest cause we have here on Earth and
I'm so glad to be a part of it. I love you all, but not as much as our
Father does!

Elder 江sen

No comments:

Post a Comment