Monday, February 22, 2016

Apostles, Engagés, and Temples oh my!

Item of business number 1: on March 15th we'll be having another mission conference! Everyone will be gathering in Lyon for a conference with Elder D. Todd Christofferson of he Quorum of the Twelve Apostles :D I looked on lds.org and read about his recent tour around the Pacific Islands, I'm excited to meet him and hear from him!

At he beginning of this year our mission set a goal to get 250 baptisms in 2016. In preparation for this conference, we were all asked to get one new engagé (person committed to baptism) per missionary, or 187 new engagés by March 15th. That's a lot. However, President Brown gave us a great scripture to go along with the challenge:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, even as you desire of me so it shall be unto you; and if you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation." (D&C 6:8)

Since the challenge was issued we have one new engagée, and we're working hard to get another very soon! We have to be careful to be "bold but not overbearing" and allowing everyone their free agency, since taking away people's agency was Satan's plan in the first place! That would have been awful.

Also, we had several recent converts and other young adults in the ward go to the temple! YEEESSSS it was super awesome :) it would have been great to go with them, but sadly the Bern Temple is outside our mission boundaries, as is the Paris Temple which, may I remind you, will be finished this fall!! Woohoooooooo

My first week with Elder Zhu has been good :) I kind of feel like a blue again during the lessons because trying to understand two natives speaking Chinese together is tough. It's been good for me, and Elder Zhu is awesome :) He's been making me get up and go outside every morning to play basketball, albeit very badly (he's pretty darn good though), which is definitely a good thing.

Our amis are doing good, and we've been trying to get super organized so we should have awesome news coming up later this transfer! I love you all and always read your scriptures! I keep finding things I had no idea were there, no matter how many times I feel like I've read that passage.

Make it a good one! Byyyeeeeee

江长老Apostles, Engagés, and Temples oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment