Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10th and no longer in short sleeves ☹️❄️🇫🇷

Okay so it's not that cold, but there's definitely a chill in the air, enough that I've donned the long sleeve shirt and will be packing away my short-sleeves (until my last transfer.....!). Y'all know me, I love me some summertime.

I had a great week! For a few reasons: One, I had an exchange with Elder McKenzie and was a witness to his very first bus contact! He talked to a really cool African man and got really excited that he was actually able to talk to him. Best way to build confidence in doing things is just do the things :)

We also had district meeting again! We have Zone Conference in Bordeaux tomorrow (woo yeah), so we had district meeting two weeks in a row. It felt a lot better than the previous one, we talked about boldness. Not like our district is lily-livered or anything, but this is literally the work of Almighty God so we ought to be able to share our message without being afraid of people's reactions. Plus, after district meeting we got sushi delivered by a Frenchman on a moped and it was delicious

The day after that I had an aaawweessoomme exchange with Elder Hurst, one of our zone leaders. We talked to a lot of people, many of them cool young people (college age). Also talked to a bunch of Chinese people and invited them all to play San Guo Sha. Still trying to get Game Night up and running like we had in Lyon. We'll get there! Elder Hurst gave me some really good counsel/motivation to help me make sure I'm moving onward and upward, not coasting through the rest of my mission.

Saturday we had a lesson in the park with our most recent ami, he's doing well. Really nice guy :)

In closing, I leave with you this great scripture shared with me by one of the missionaries in our district:

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:35, 37-39)

Stay on the Lord's side and He'll stay on yours :)

Ciao!
江长老

No comments:

Post a Comment